Duncan French is a world leader in performance coaching and sports science. He’s someone worth listening to for anyone interested in working at the elite end of sport.
- ” Gymnastics are critical to athletes”
- Strength training for Taekwondo
- Working in the English Premier League – Newcastle United
- Working in the US College basketball system
- CrossFit for pro-sport?
- Don’t just add load – get performance
- Too many programs don’t challenge the body enough to cause adaptation
- Having a mentor was a key to success
- Make your cover letter and resume stand out because the person reading it is probably bored / tired
- England Institute of Sport tend to recruit personality and problem solving ability ahead of academic qualifications and even experience
- Understanding the culture of a sport is critical before you knowledge base can be used
- Do the basics well as a coach, know how to coach as well as the science
What message would you like to give to yourself at 20? – BE INQUISITIVE, STAY HUMBLE
What was the biggest take home message for you from Duncan French?
LIKE / SHARE / REPOST this if you enjoyed it or if you’d like to hear from other leading coaches.
Which coach / athlete / scientist should I interview next?
Have your say on what makes the biggest difference for athlete development in the comments or via social media links.